
Happy Friday everyone! Finally! An outfit post! LOL! Sorry, I'm just excited to share this one with you all. This is me looking a little like an old school detective. Maybe mainly because of the hat. But like a fashionable one, with killer shoes. It was actually a pretty bad day to wear a hat because it was pretty windy so that was fail on my part. Oh well. You can't tell that from the pictures so HA! I'm still a little under the weather. My cough is now coupled with the sniffles so I am just trying to get through the day. However, aside from the minor cold, this week has been kind of awesome. Since I'm pretty much an open book, I'll tell all my readers that I got a new job and will be starting towards the end of April. It's still in the same field (I am a tax nerd) but it's a step up from my current position so I'm pretty excited. =) It was definitely bittersweet to turn in my notice to my manager. I absolutely love my manager at my current job. We have a very interesting relationship and I feel like she's just like one of my friends. That can sometimes be a really hard thing to find in the corporate world. I'm definitely going to miss everyone I worked with. But you always have to move forward and let new opportunities challenge you and try not to get too comfortable in your current situation. Challenge yourself to be better and always tell yourself that you deserve better. This will propel you forward in anything you do. So that's kind of what has been taking over my time the past week or so and I'm happy to share the news to my loyal readers. <3 I guess I put together this outfit because I was feeling pretty bad ass this week. Nothing like a promotion to get you feeling confident and bad ass. And when I'm feeling bad ass, I find myself dressing edgy and in dark colors with metal and leather. Hahahahaha... Let me know what you think of the look! =) Have a great weekend everyone!












Dress - Allsaints | Jacket - Levi's (Urban Outfitters) | Hat - Wilfred | Belt - Versace for H&M | Shoes - B Brian Atwood | Sunnies - Oliver Peoples | Bag - Lanvin | Watch - Chanel | Jewelry - Stella & Dot, F21, GAP, David Yurman
By the way, this store I am in front of, Hydrology, is an amazing store where you can find cool faucets and tubs and anything related to water hardware for your home. I got my faucets for my kitchen and my bathrooms here. That was a fun shopping day for sure! Thanks for visiting and reading my loves!
-DOS





10 COMMENTS:
i should be tackling my massive stack of paperwork, but i couldn`t help it! you look amaze in your dress..i love the edginess and obvi the dark colors haha.
&& hello...CONGRATULATIONS on your new job!
LC - Thanks doll! I appreciate that you spent your break from paperwork on the blog. Hehehe =)
Congrats on your promotion! A celebratory badass outfit sounds good to me :) x
Monochrome Magpie
Congrats on your new job!!! Awesome outfit! I love badass looks!
With hearts,
Janet
http://missrockcouture.blogspot.com
I really like how you put the whole outfit together... very edgy & badass. Congrats on your new job.
Another Chicago blogger! I just stumbled across your site and am so glad I did. xoxo
Congrats on the promo!
-Hallie
www.coralsandcognacs.com
I Love this look! I am totally obsessed with your shoes btw!!!
Congrats on the promotion! It doesn't matter if you are a tax nerd. You are the most fashionable tax nerd I know. ;-)
I love killer naot shoes because I always wear dress and skirts. As a killer shoes lover I think that your shoes really matched with that dress because of the color and classy design.
Those shoes are perfect gift for my girlfriends birthday and I think ill buy some merrel shoes together with.
Post a Comment