
Happy Monday DOS readers! I am super happy today because my little blog has reached over 20,000 page views and over 50 GFC followers so I want to once again thank everyone for the love and support! I think this calls for another giveaway so watch out for that soon! =)
This was me on Friday wearing some GAP wear. Like I said in my "fuzzy balls" post, I had an awesome 40% off card and I definitely put it to good use. But not like Blog Nazi. He went GAP crazy over the weekend!! He spent around $450 in total but he did get a TON of stuff for himself. And best of all, we opened a GAP card and saved an additional 15% off. So we spent $450 but also saved around $450. Sometimes you just have to take advantage of a good coupon combination. Hehehe... Did anyone else hit up the GAP this past weekend for their Friends and Family sale? I have not shopped at GAP in probably 4 years just because nothing ever really fit me quite right and I just gave up on it a long time ago. Even now I have to go with a looser look for the GAP stuff. They do have a petite line but unfortunately NONE of the stores carry it. So you have to order online. I ordered a couple pairs of pants so we shall see how their petite line works for me when those come in. I'll keep you guys posted. =)
This was me on Friday wearing some GAP wear. Like I said in my "fuzzy balls" post, I had an awesome 40% off card and I definitely put it to good use. But not like Blog Nazi. He went GAP crazy over the weekend!! He spent around $450 in total but he did get a TON of stuff for himself. And best of all, we opened a GAP card and saved an additional 15% off. So we spent $450 but also saved around $450. Sometimes you just have to take advantage of a good coupon combination. Hehehe... Did anyone else hit up the GAP this past weekend for their Friends and Family sale? I have not shopped at GAP in probably 4 years just because nothing ever really fit me quite right and I just gave up on it a long time ago. Even now I have to go with a looser look for the GAP stuff. They do have a petite line but unfortunately NONE of the stores carry it. So you have to order online. I ordered a couple pairs of pants so we shall see how their petite line works for me when those come in. I'll keep you guys posted. =)


Shirt - GAP | Sweater - GAP | Pants - F21 | Shoes - Aldo | Jewelry - Top Shop, Tiffanys

I find myself really liking collared shirts and layering them lately. It makes me feel more work appropriate and yet still be a little casual. Which definitely worked out well that day because right after work I had a couple of awesome events to go to and had zero time to stop home and change. The first event was at City Blue in Old Town. They redesigned their store and were having a fun relaunch party. I wish I had brought the camera along but it was too hectic of a day and I forgot. Sheesh I'm a bad blogger. LOL. I definitely LOVE a fun shopping event where there is passed food and drinks all around whilst you look at pretty pretty pretty clothes. Not to mention, Pinkberry! I happened to wander into City Blue a week or so ago because it's right next to my nail salon where I get my claws done. The gals that work there are so sweet and fun! We had an awesome chat and they invited me to their partaaay. Great event City Blue! I'll see you ladies again soon!
After City Blue, we grabbed some dinner at Bistrot Margot across the street. The food was amazing and definitely made me miss Paris. It felt like I was back there especially because we were sitting next to a table of people speaking French. French cuisine is one of my absolute favorites and Bistrot Margot did not disappoint. So if you are ever in the Old Town area of Chicago on Wells Street, give it a try. =) Blog Nazi had the steak frites and I had the white fish. Oof, so good! I love any restaurant that has haricot verts on the side (french style green beans). I gobble those up like french fries. They are delish!
After an awesome dinner with my boo, we headed into the burbies area to say goodbye and bowl with our pal Hoj since he is leaving to serve in the military very soon. We will miss him but we are so proud and happy for him! I am not a very good bowler but I do enjoy it. I had no idea we were playing for money. LOL. But at the final game, I bowled a turkey and it was the best feeling EVER! Especially because I was the ONLY girl bowling. Hehehe... My team was going bonkers! High five guys!
After an awesome dinner with my boo, we headed into the burbies area to say goodbye and bowl with our pal Hoj since he is leaving to serve in the military very soon. We will miss him but we are so proud and happy for him! I am not a very good bowler but I do enjoy it. I had no idea we were playing for money. LOL. But at the final game, I bowled a turkey and it was the best feeling EVER! Especially because I was the ONLY girl bowling. Hehehe... My team was going bonkers! High five guys!
Also over this past weekend, Blog Nazi and I worked on a DIY project on our bedroom dressers. I've been wanting to have white dressers to match the rest of our bedroom but sometimes it's so hard to decide on spending on fashion or spending on furniture. Since we already had a set of drawers that were an espresso color, I decided we could just save some dough and paint them white and update the hardware. I can't wait to show you guys! It was definitely a lot of work and I really wanted to finish it in two days so we are both pretty exhausted. But now, I have dressers that match the room and I adore them!

Thanks for reading! And have a fabulous week everyone!!
-DOS





9 COMMENTS:
Love love love the sweater!!! It looks so comfy and warm.
Congratulations, Shai! I want you to know, you're also resonating with the older folks. I look forward to the fab outfits and the entertaining escapades.
@tre - yea girl, gotta get on them sales!
@mcabahug - hi tita! glad you appreciate the fashion. hehehe... ur only as old as you want to be... forever young!
those pants and shoes and super sexy.
and always love me my chunky sweaters to cozy up in! you'll need it for this winter~
thanks for the comment hyej! best part is the outfit total cost is prob under $200. well minus the necklace. hehe. =)
Hi Shai! Nice blog. I totally took advantage of the sale too with a new cc. I don't usually shop there but I kinda went overboard once I found out I could get an extra 15% off on top of the 40. Their short length jeans are perfect for me. Hope the pants work out for you too.
hi mary! thanks for the comment!! the hubby def went nuts on the 40% plus additional 15% opportunity. Hahaha... he'll be wearing GAP all season i think. i can't wait until the pants come in. sux because i couldn't use the 40% off since it's in store only. =( i also think it's crazy that some inseams are now up to 36". holy majoly
Ah! I wish I had used the gap dc too now :( hahahaa better luck tomorrow.
and what happened to the like the outfit! haha I was just looking for it to click :)
Post a Comment