all tied up



2 COMMENTS

Monday was my first day back in the office after being sick and working at home for a week.  I thought I should commemorate my return to the grind with a business-y outfit.  But you know I still had to have fun with it.  Luckily I found my super old tie.  Circa 1999.  I'm almost positive I bought this from Wet Seal back in high school when K-pop and FINKL inspired my style.  Yes I had those Sony headphones like Yuri and made myself those knee high leg covers.  Holla if you know what I mean!  LOL!!  It was pretty nostalgic and I had a little giggle this morning putting my old high school tie on.  But I think it works well don't you agree?  Do you guys have anything silly in your closet that you never got rid of because of the memories?  I'm sure we all have something.  I got quite a few compliments on my tie on the train in the morning and a few double takes.  Hehehe... Maybe I should go raid Blog Nazi's closet and shorten a bunch of his ties to wear.



Tie - Wet Seal  |  Sweater - Club Monaco  |  White Collared Shirt - Aritzia  |  Pants - Club Monaco  |  Watch - Michael Kors  |  Bracelets - LOFT  |  Earrings - Top Shop  |  Shoes - Aldo


I gotta be honest though.  I hate when it starts getting so cold that I have to wear multiple layers.  Yes as a fashionista, layering is fun and playful, and really puts an outfit together.  But goodness I hate having to take everything off when I get home.  It takes three times as long to get into my comfy house clothes and my laundry pile gets huge at a much faster rate.  Ugh, so bothersome sometimes.  Anyway, I hope you all had a great weekend!  I spent all Sunday rearranging the bedroom and putting up frames and decorating.  Now I just need a kick ass desk and new nightstands and I should be good, furniture-wise.  Home-owning really cuts into the wardrobe fund.  It's always, "New purse?  Or get hardwood floors for the bedroom?"  Too many things on my wish list.  Sigh.  I do plan to do a DIY project on my drawers to change them from a dark wood to white with some new hardware.  I always go through these spurts of home improvement projects.  Yea I'm one of those girls that has a box of tools.  =)  I'll definitely show you guys the progress when I get started.


Thanks for reading loves!

-DOS

2 COMMENTS:

Judy Chang at: November 8, 2011 at 2:38 PM said...

cute outfit, shai! i absolutely hate wearing business/business casual clothes (i want to vomit when i walk inside a banana republic) so it's inspiring to see that you can jazz it up!

DrunkOnShoes at: November 8, 2011 at 3:04 PM said...

thanks judy! yea i hate the typical work gear too. i mean once in a while a hot pencil skirt is nice but not all the time! you should see some of the stuff i try to get away with. hehehe.. thanks for visiting and commenting! <3

Post a Comment

newer post older post