
I'm trying out a couple of things here that I haven't really given a chance before. Leather shorts and a NON platform heel! GASP! Let's start with the shorts. I've been searching for a good fitting pair of faux leather shorts for a while. Faux because I was a little scurrrred to invest in a pair of real leather shorts not knowing if I'd wear it that much. Let's be honest. Chicago is either super cold, or super hot... so leather shorts can sometimes just be silly because you are either literally freezing your a$$ off or sweating your a$$ off. Luckily I stumbled upon this pair and they fit me pretty well. Out came the plastic and they were mine.
Now on to the shoesies. LC, aka honey chu chu, aka chucharoo, has been kind of nagging me for months to get a pair of non-platform heels in a 'naked' shoe style. Not sure if anyone else noticed, but momma loves the platforms. I tried out a few 'naked' shoes but nothing really grabbed me. Okay that's a lie.. there was a pair of Saint Laurent ones but OMG for so little leather, the price tag was quite hefty. I'm glad I waited it out. Not that these Wangs were that much cheaper but in my opinion had a pretty fab design. I love the ankle cuffs so much on these and the croc embossed leather is just delish. Still, when I purchased them, I half hoped that they wouldn't fit. I kind of always secretly wish that when I splurge on a shoe. I take it as the universe telling me to save my monies. Not this time though. The universe was saying "you need a pair of NON platform heels". And who am I to argue with the universe?! I mean really... that's just asking for trouble.









Top - Urban Outfitters | Shorts - Club Monaco | Bag - Proenza Schouler | Shoes - Alexander Wang also on sale HERE | Sunnies - Chanel | Accessories - Thanks to Kendra Scott, Chanel, Thanks to Alex and Ani
I want to thank EVERYONE for their sweet comments on the DOSxGatsby post. I really am so motivated by everyones support and love. I also feel incredibly blessed to have had the opportunity to put the whole thing together. I wouldn't have been able to accomplish any of it without all of your support and encouragement. I hope to keep bringing you creative shoots and just all around funsies as I continue on this little journey. And I want to thank my amazing hubby for putting up with all of this craziness! I love you soooo much for thinking that I look great in every photo, even though I keep telling you over and over that there IS such a thing as a BAD angle. MUAH! Lastly and most importantly, Happy Birthday to my guardian angel. I know you are watching me and I hope you are proud and smiling. Not a day goes by without a thought of you. You are the reason for who I am and you are the reason for all of this.
(PS, I dedicate the title of this post to LAURZ)
xoxo,
DOS





3 COMMENTS:
i`m just gonna go ahead and say..i`m the universe and i`m right. hahaha. totally bringing you into the dark side/my side with leather and naked thingies! lahhhhhhhhve it..byeeeeeeee!
XXXXXXXXXXXX.
Those shorts!! Holy design god! I want!
http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/
Those shoes... oh my.. the red croc embossed leather is TDF! They fit you like a dream.
http://www.xjole.com
Post a Comment