Greetings!!! Omg I am so behind on my Cali posts! I am writing this as I am having my last dinner here in Miami though this post will probably go up on Friday. I pulled up my blog and went "oh crap! I have to catch up!" I can't wait to share with you my Miami adventure but I obvi have to finish telling you about my NorCal adventure first. And there is so much to share!
This day was the day we explored Sonoma Square for the first time and also had our first taste of The Girl and The Fig. We knew we had to check it out because we heard from so many people and locals that it is definitely a place to try. So off we went with one of our favorite newlyweds, Peter and Ashley. Without a reservation, we had to wait about an hour and a half for a table so what did we do? We went a couple doors down and had a wine tasting. There's wine tasting everywhere you go! The wines were only ooooohhhkaaaay which is probably why I can't remember what it was called. But it did it's job. With a pretty good buzz going, I dragged The Hubster out to the square for a little photoshoot in my blue polka dot dress.
If you didn't know, one of my favorite online stores, ASOS, asked me to put together a few of my fall faves and this definitely made the list. See the full list HERE. My homegirl Mich sent me the link to this dress saying that it was totally my style and yep, it totes is! It's no secret that I am currently obsessed with blues and the fact that the dress matched my baby Bleutigona was a huge plus. I love how easy it is to wear and the whimsical nature of the details and its shape. Ashley said I looked like a doll. Haha. The dress pairs amazing with a lot of my knee high boots, which by the way is one of my fall staples. Knee high boots are my jam!!! This pair by Ash is about 3 years old now but still one of my favorite pairs. So easy to slip on and a great comfortable height so I can last pretty long in them.
Sonoma Square is sooooooo cute and it's a perfect place to bring a picnic basket and just sip on a bottle of wine... or two... or three, while enjoying the weather and watch tourists being tourist-y. Or watch a random Asian girl twirling and posing. Pro Tip: I guess Sonoma Square is one of the few places where you can drink on public property and bring your own vino. #awesome #winning
Here comes that #foodporn. I had the duck confit which is one of their signature dishes and it has every right to be. The duck leg was amazing and juicy without being overly heavy or greasy. I also had the arugula salad with figs which I LOVED but no one else really did. Bitter greens is not for everyone I guess but for me it was perfect. If you want to try out The Girl and The Fig, I suggest going for lunch. The place is adorable and lively, and sitting out in their patio area feels amazing. The service is spot on! Our server was informative and bubbly and we all had a great time. Try to bring a few people with you so that you can taste more of their amazing menu. I had bites of everyone's dish and it all was so yummy! I can't remember what it was all called but I definitely recommend a visit if you are in the Sonoma area. The lunch price point is very reasonable and each dish in my opinion was worth it. Highly highly recommend the duck confit and I will definitely go back the next time I am in Sonoma.
I hope you enjoyed the post! I will frantically be trying to post up the rest of my Cali pics next week! GAH! Thanks so much for stopping by and showing the blog some love.
Dress - THANKS TO ASOS | Boots - Ash | Bag - Givenchy | Accessories - Vita Fede, Stella & Dot, Chanel, Madewell
Photos by The Hubster
xoxo,
DOS























0 COMMENTS:
Post a Comment