Wednesday Wishlist 3/14/12



2 COMMENTS
Wednesday Wishlist by *M+ish


So for the Wednesday Wishlist that I have been procrastinating on, I will start by saying that for those that know me, I love me anything White/Ivory.  It doesn’t matter what part the year it is or what it is, if there is a “white” version, that is the choice.  My husband and I have a unique relationship as most people who know us would know, but one thing that we both love are all things white/ivory as well as having the same favorite color, Pink.  So in addition to my white-affair, all embellishments that are Pink are a definite must.  Jewelry and accessories are where I love to indulge, with rose gold, diamonds, and fine timepieces.  Haha, so with that said, I felt it would be fitting for my first WW for DOS that I do a quick tribute to my staple White/Ivory & Pink Palette that not only shows off my taste, but also stays true to what I love, which DOS can attest to… Bigger is always Better and whatever it is, you always have to make a statement.

Whenever I am getting ready to style anything, I start with the handbag.  Though I love both shoes and bags, I always choose my bag first.  So as this is called the Wednesday Wishlist, I decided to put items I would WISH FOR, hence the Hermes 40mm Pink Birkin with Gold Hardware. Though I would prefer Rose Gold Hardware of course, a little mix of yellow and even white for the trifecta of the golds is always beautiful!  As the entire outfit is showcased around ivory, subtle pops of color can be seen from within the same color palette from the accessories.  The variety of textures from satin, to leather, to silk chiffon, provide a youthful exuberance that show how you can be monochromatic but still pull off the ensemble with that unique flare.  The Balmain leather pants with gold detail are one of the hottest pieces to hit the runway from the SS12 collections.  The simple chiffon top, worn with the satin/cotton blazer complement the edginess of the pants with gentle femininity yet still enough oompf for anyone to see that you are a woman that knows that she’s doing.  The shoes are and will always be the stopper as Mr. Louboutin never fails to disappoint.  These shoes, yes, may be not quite the “everyday” shoe but to rock those babies on your feet would cheer up any gloomy day.  One thing to note, the higher the shoe, the better!  DOS would definitely agree… add that Swarovski crystal love and you have a WINNER, though the price definitely kills us all.  But it’s a wishlist and should it ever go on sale, ladies, you all know you would definitely do a double if not triple take and think about whether you’d pay your rent or just indulge yourself... Strass Loubs on Sale?  Danger Zone.

The accessories I chose are all-timeless and can be worn day or night.  Classic diamond hoops will always jazz up an outfit (and my personal style of earring pref) with added sophistication and exudes that subtle sexiness we all look to achieve.  The timepiece is classic and an area I have a love for.  A Rolex will be the investment and staple piece you will be able to pass down to your kids and a piece that you will continuously love no matter what age you are.  Finally, the Cartier Panthére Ring brings the ensemble together as a finishing touch.  It’s fun, dramatic, and quite frankly, that “LBD” equivalent in your jewelry armoir.  This outfit, though a bit odd and overstated, might not be for all, truly exudes what I would want as a Wishlist, or as DOS referred to it, a “in my dreams” list, ensemble to describe me and my personal taste and style.  Thanks DOS for the opportunity!  #TotesAmaze!  #InMyDreams

Cheers to DOS and WW,
…… bigger is always better …..
*M+ish



DOS interviews *M+ish

Give yourself an "internet" name
*M+ish. : it incorporates my nickname as well as a saying my husband and I are known to say
Describe your style
My style: Bigger is Always Better. My style has always been a little odd but always stands-out.  Maybe never understood at first glance but one that becomes understood.
What are your favorite pair of shoes?
This is a trick question hahaha.  Favorite shoes are anything that have a SUPER HIGH HEEL with a platform.  But I do love sneakers too with my favorite being my Jordan Retro 1 High – Icy Pink.
What are your must have items for this season?
Large multi-functional Purse, chunky eternity scarf, lightweight cardigan (layers), Kiehls Hand Salve & #1 Lip Balm
What is something you always carry around in your purse that is non-typical?
3 pairs of socks: White Ankle, Black Ankle, & knee high tights (nude): I have to keep my feet warm & dry, can’t really do the flats (not that I own more than 2 pairs of flats) with bare feet or heels with bare feet.  When my feet are cold my entire body gets SUPER cold so gotta stay prepared.  The colors?  I keep a pair of sneaks in the car just in case. Never know when you need to change.
If you could buy one thing fashion related with no budget, what would it be?
Have you seen my Wednesday Wishlist???  But… Custom Diamond White Bentley Flying Spur.  Cars are PART of fashion hahahah right?  Accessorize!
Do you love DOS and why? (haha)
Yes, of course!  Haha, wouldn’t have done this if I didn’t.  But love DOS because she has always been able to see the positive side of things, real talk.  Also, I haven’t met anyone else who shares the same affinity in high-high heeled shoes as her.

Thanks to *M+ish for the highest price tagged Wednesday Wishlist to date.  Hahaha...  True to form, the entire outfit is super fab and over the top.  I definitely love the play of textures in the all white outfit.  Just be careful where you sit or lean or rub up against in this one ladies.  Like I told her, it's a "in my dreams" list. Hehehe... Oh, hang on... I think I can get that tank top.  LOL.  Thanks doll for being my "featured fashionista" for this week.  Everything is definitely a show stopper in its own right.  And anyone who can afford to rock this outfit will definitely stop a show... and probably traffic... and should probably have a bodyguard.  It sure would be hard to run from a thief in those Loubs.  =)  Leave *M+ish some comments and let her know what you think of her ensemble!  <3

-DOS

2 COMMENTS:

LC at: March 14, 2012 at 1:27 PM said...

that blazer is to die for. but so is the price tag )=! the dafs are on my must-get list (esp the lady daf) too! why must we not be able to have it all?!

MrsAmberSavage at: March 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM said...

I'm a sucker for all things white/ivory and large accessories: bigger is better ^_^. Love the ring, earrings, pants and jacket. Gonna have to go with the B Brian Atwood 'Teatro' High Heel Sandals. Very cool wishlist.

Post a Comment

newer post older post