an event with my pradas



8 COMMENTS

So Chris of ChrisKimPhotography (aka TumTum) sends me a flyer for Chicago Fashion Connect's October Fashion Mixer and of course I take it as a good excuse to wear another pair of my shoes that hardly get to come out to play.  Hahaha.  It was a really fun networking opportunity and I got to meet some really cool cats that do some very interesting things.  But most of all, I got to stand next to models and feel oooober short.  Yep, I'm always right around boob level, which I guess if I was a guy, I'd be really excited about. So even though I am wearing my beloved Prada platforms, I am still the shortest one in the room.  Hehehe...

The mixer revolved around a Chicago fashion designer Crystal Simms of Crystal B. Designs.  The line was started in 2009 as "an advanced contemporary fashion line for women seeking high-end, architecturally-inspired pieces."  And she definitely achieves that in these dresses.  I love dresses that are different and have a cool yet classy design.  Especially when you are working with a simple color palette like black and white, the design really comes through.

The event was held at the second floor of Frontier restaurant in Chicago.  The venue is super cozy with the brick and dark wood tables.  It has a very rustic feel and just makes you really comfortable.  But the best part is the food.  We had some hors d'oeuvres of baked oysters and some pasta mushroom thing that was nyummers!  As good as that was, it wasn't enough.  So after the event, Tums and I went to the outdoor patio (which is such a great spot) to stuff our faces even more.  There are no pictures of that because we were too busy chowing down.  We had fresh oysters, the mac & cheese, duck tacos (droooool), fries, and one of the best pork chops I've ever had.  That thing came out on a cutting board and it was huuuuuge!  True to my Filipino roots,  I gnawed on the crispy pork skin like a champ.  Tums refused to eat the fatty part, and like my dad, I kept saying, "What's wrong with you!?  That's the best part!"


Twas a long cab ride due to traffic.  I got bored.





Crystal Simms of Crystal B. Designs - a Chicago fashion designer






How hilare does this picture look?  HAHAHAHA.  There's like a big dip when you get to the fourth person.  kekekeke...  Crystal, make sure you make my size.

Side note - I am wearing this banded skirt by Pleasure Doing Business that I got on sale last year and it was another final sale moment.  I could barely fit into it last year and even now it is still a struggle.  I can't even explain to you how hard it was to tuck in the front part of my shirt.  That's prob why it looks all kinds of bunchy in the front of the skirt.  I could not get down to stuff the shirt all the way for fear that I would not be able to get my hand back out.  LOL!  For future reference, if you are my size, do not get the XS in this brand.  The S would probably be much better.  I think my ass lost circulation after an hour.  



This one was one of my favorites!  Give me shiny and metallic any day!




This model was awesome.  I wish I could remember her name.  Darn you pinot grigio!  We definitely chatted it up and she has that super cool Russian accent.  At least I think it was Russian.  Oy vey, I drank too much.



The other two sweetie pies.  They complimented me on my outfit and my nails.  Then we proceeded to educate this one guy, who overheard them asking me about my nails, about nail lengths and what a nail bed is and why some women can have short nails and it looks great because their nail bed is longer and how it all depends on how long your fingers are to begin with and blah blah blah.  OMG hilarious!  At the end of all that explanation ladies, I think he still didn't get it.  


Thank you Raven for the press passes.  I had a great time.

Here's the lowdown on Chicago Fashion Connect

"Chicago Fashion Connect brings together fashion minded people.  We consider fashion to be an important contributor to the cultural aspect of the city and are dedicated to promoting emerging talent and appreciation for fashion.  The Chicago Fashion Connect's mission is to place the fashion industry in the cultural spotlight by promoting emerging talent and creating opportunities for fashion entrepreneurs to network, collaborate, and grow.  CFC serves as a platform through which the city's up and coming talent have a chance to mingle and collaborate with those who serve similar purposes.  Photographers can discover new talent while designers and boutique owners have a chance to meet bloggers and journalists that cover the city's fashion beat.  The CFC mixers serve as a tremendous resource for those looking to expand their fashion careers."


And here are some straight outfit shots for ya!





Top - t.babaton  |  Skirt - Pleasure Doing Business  |  Leather Jacket - Rick Owens  |  Bag - Chloe Marcie  |  Shoes - Prada  |  Jewelry - LOFT, TopShop, F21  |  Watch - Chanel
(excuse the messy counter in the background... tis' the life of a multi-tasker and tax analyst)

Thanks Tums for the awesome pics.  =D  T'was a fun night!  I think that last bottle put me over the edge.  LOL.  I can't remember anyone's names that I met.  Drats!  But anyhoo, thanks again and thanks for coming and keeping me company.  Let's do that again soon!

I had to do a quick change to the post.  True to form, Blog Nazi mentions that the blog is weird because I put my photo captions above the photo and not under.  So I went through and re-read some posts and he's right!  (this is rare)  It is weird.  LOL.  Thanks boo!  From here on out, captions will be under the photo.  Hahaha... <3

Hope everyone enjoyed the post.  =)

-DOS

8 COMMENTS:

Tracy at: October 6, 2011 at 9:05 AM said...

Love love love the outfit! Must.Find.That.Shirt.

DrunkOnShoes at: October 6, 2011 at 9:25 AM said...

a.r.i.t.z.i.a. =)

Lil Mama Stuart at: October 6, 2011 at 9:56 AM said...

my mom totally says that about the fatty part, yum! :)

DrunkOnShoes at: October 6, 2011 at 10:02 AM said...

hahahaha... can't resist. melt in your mouth goodness.

MP at: October 6, 2011 at 11:54 AM said...

ah! i love that jacket, it's one of my faves :)

Chicago Fashion Connect at: October 6, 2011 at 12:27 PM said...

This is great. Thank you for attending the Oct Fashion Mixer and writing about it. The pictures look awesome!

DrunkOnShoes at: October 6, 2011 at 7:12 PM said...

@MP - yes yes, i love my leather jacket. esp cuz it's my only one. LOL. i splurged like a mofo last year so now i can't get another one for a while. hahahaha...

DrunkOnShoes at: October 6, 2011 at 7:12 PM said...

@CFC - so glad you like the post! see u at the next event!

Post a Comment

newer post older post