VAPIANO and FIFI



3 COMMENTS

Saturday was a beautiful day!  I swear I have a love-hate relationship with the weather these days.  I left the house with full winter gear and it was epic fail.  But it was definitely a pleasant surprise.  Tek and I headed to lunch to one of my new favorite spots, VAPIANO!  It opened up a few weeks ago and I haven't been able to stop going there.  It's a simple Italian restaurant at heart but the way it works is pretty interesting.  If you have ever been to Food Life at the Water Tower Place, then you will know what I mean.  When you get in, you get greeted, handed a small menu and what looks like a credit card.  Then after that, the rest is up to you.  It is open seating and I like to pick a spot over on the right side which is a bit more lounge-y.  Then you walk up to the cooking stations and order direct from the chefs.  There are specific stations for Antipasti, Pizza, Pasta, Salads and Paninis.  When you get up to the chef, they ask you to scan your card then they type in your order and get to work preparing your food fresh in front of you.  After your meal, you take your card and pay on your way out.  It's inexpensive, mostly every item is under $10.  Don't expect anything super fancy like clams or scallops and rissoto.  It's not that kind of place.  But everything is simple, fresh and light.  And i LOVE it!  The best part... it is currently BYOB.  They haven't received their liquor license yet so they have made the place BYOB for now.  AND the sugary icing on the already gigantic cake... the liquor store is right next door!!  OH EM GEE!  Best ever!!


This is my red Louis Vuitton Epi Leather Pont Neuf.  Isn't she a beauty?  I named her Fifi.  She is special because I got her in Paris.  The Louis Vuitton in Paris on the Champs Elysees is intense.  We had to stand in line outside for 10 minutes just to go in.   



This is one of my absolute favorite items.  It's a spinach and strawberry salad with some sort of strawberry dressing.  It is topped with some cheese, red onions, pine nuts and fresh strawberries.  It is so dang good!  I usually get it with a bowl of the Chicken Tuscan soup which is pretty much their version of chicken noodle soup.  Who doesn't like chicken noodle soup?


This is their version of bruschetta.  It's called the Bruschetta Trio.  One is the traditional version, one has olives, and one is topped with pesto and shaved parmesan cheese, then a bunch of arugala in the middle. It was my first time having this one and it's pretty yum.  Very fresh and light.  Perfect for lunch.


Here's what Blog Nazi gets every time.  Can't take this guy away from his pizzas!  They have a bunch of different kinds of artisan pizzas available.  Blog Nazi keeps it simple and gets the plain cheese.



When it's a beautiful day out, in the lounge-y area they open their huge windows so it's like your eating outside.  It is my absolute favorite spot to eat when it's nice out.  I love being right up against the window, feeling the breeze and sun, and watching people walk by and hearing them go, "Whoa!  What is this place?  Man it looks nice in there!"  And it sure does, the decor is very nice and modern.  The space is huge and open and it's very comfortable.  You can literally spend hours just sitting and talking.  



Top - MINKPINK  |  Jeans - Current Elliot  |  Boots - Ash Eden (the tan version of my black ones)  |  Bag - Louis Vuitton Pont Neuf  |  Watch - Chanel  |  Sunnies - Marc by Marc Jacobs  |  Earrings - ??


After lunch, Blog Nazi and I went to go run some errands.  First stop was Barneys to return some NARS blush that was a little too bright.  And of course, since it was a beautiful day out, it was impossible to find parking in that area since everyone was out and about.  After that we headed to Nordies to meet up two of my favorites, HJ and the Jimmers.  The four of us did some shoe shopping.  The boys both got themselves two pairs each!  Hahaha... and they say that we are the bad ones?  Nothing like good company, shoes, and coffee to make DOS one happy gal.


I got me a little sumthin' sumthin' from my one of my favorite brands.  HOH1960 for the win!  I finally found some booties.  =)  This is my first pair of HOH shoes and so far, me likie!  I can't wait to show you guys!

-DOS

3 COMMENTS:

Tracy at: October 25, 2011 at 10:36 AM said...

Ok girrrrl! I love all of your looks, but I think this one is one of my favorites! So simple yet so fab!

Lil Mama Stuart at: October 25, 2011 at 10:57 AM said...

again, love the light pouring in (on your food)

DrunkOnShoes at: October 25, 2011 at 12:19 PM said...

haha thanks loves! i am scared for it to get cold and snowy. so hard to be fashionable in 10 feet of snow. =P

Post a Comment

newer post older post