
Hey y'all! I'm back from Texas. Feels good to be home. Texas was really really hot but the wedding was entirely indoors so it worked out. The ceremony was very touching. I couldn't help but admire the way the groom was looking at the bride. He was cheesing the entire time. LOVES IT! Hahahaha...
These photos were from about a week and a half ago when I attended an event held at the James Hotel that was so perfect for me for three big reasons. One, it was to benefit Hubbard Street Dance, which is an amazing dance company that performs contemporary dance shows in Chicago. (Show your support by attending a show or two!) Two, it was also a wine tasting event hosting many different wine makers from all over the country. You all know how much I LOOOOOOOVE wine. Three, The Hubster won the tickets to the event! I'm not quite sure why we are winning things lately, but I really hope our lucky streak continues. Thanks so much to Cheeky Chicago for being a part of this event and giving us a chance to win these amazing event tickets. If you want to know where all the fun events are and just anything Chicago related, visit their website and follow them on twitter @cheekychicago.
This particular event was on a weekday right after work which is always a little challenging because I don't want to be in my stuffy work gear at a fun wine tasting event. So I just whipped out my amazing Calvin Tran piece. This "dress" can also be worn low as a skirt. You can also change up where you want the pleats and bow to be. There are no rules with this one. If you are in the Chicago Lincoln Park area, stop by his store on Halsted. Maybe you'll run into him and he'll dress you. It's pretty fun and he is hilarious.
OH! And I also rolled up to the event in an UBER SUV. If you don't know what UBER is, well then, educate yoself! UBER is a great way to get around the city if you are just not in the mood to hail a cab and also get yelled at for wanting to use a credit card. With UBER, you just use your phone to order your ride. It comes to you and you get charged via your account so there is no mess about having to have cash or even a credit card. This particular week, they were giving out free rides for new members. It was the perfect time for me to use it because I needed to get to the James Hotel from my office. The driver was there within 2 minutes and I hopped into an SUV with black tinted windows. I kind of felt like a Kardashian. They are always in an SUV with black tinted windows no? Either way, I felt so BOSS! I suggest everyone take an UBER ride. Like, NOW!


Excuse the glow in the dark bracelet. Lol. It was what they gave us to wear as VIP guests. Woot! You know we VIPs, we love to glow. Bwahahaha.






Dress - Calvin Tran | Shoes - Shoemint | Earrings - House of Harlow | Cuff - Forever 21 | Bag - Rebecca Minkoff



Okay, no joke. I sampled almost every wine in the room and ended up here for the rest of the night. Nello Olivo had tastings of some of the best red wines I've ever had. It was so smooth and didn't have that minor bite you sometimes get when the wine hits the back of your throat. Once I had his wines, I couldn't go back to any other table. Which ones were my favorites? Why I am glad you asked: 2007 Toscanello, 2008 Petite Syrah, 2007 Sangiovese and a secret one not yet available for sale which I think was a Sagrantino. I hope I remembered all of them correctly. I was super wobbly by the end of the night. Hahaha. I encourage you to join their wine club or order a few bottles to try. You will NOT be disappointed. His wines make me want to sit out in the open air on a nice 75 degree day with a book and just ignore the world.

Here is Nello himself along with his beautiful daughter and her husband. Thanks for showing us a fabulous time and sharing your amazing wines! I will be placing a large order very soon!
-DOS





9 COMMENTS:
haha, my boss went to that event too!
how cool! his pieces are so versatile..george had me try on a top and i insisted on making it a dress hahaha. i learned so much from your post today! definitely going to check out cheekychicago and uber..you know it`s like a dream of mine to be a dash sister =p. btw..you`re absolutely glowing! your skin and tan is amaze!
xx.
Ooh I was just in Texas, too, since I grew up in Dallas. Where in Texas were you, and are you from there? Cute outfit! :)
Love, S
http://shamelesslyoverdressed.blogspot.com
I'm hosting a giveaway at my blog! Enter via link above.
I love the color on your nails, what is it?
Oh that is an absolutely gorgeous dress and I love your heels, too!
I grew up in Texas and moved back to California (born in California, too).
Michelle
www.michelleesque.com
Great outfit! Your hair looks extra chic with it.
The way you described the wine is like heaven. I'd love to be sipping on some right now.
The shoes look a bit big on you, but I love the print! The dress is really beautiful.
http://www.xjole.com
wracy [url=http://blkist.com/node/9001]Payday loans online[/url] Ressy http://www.4114420.com/members/?q=user/51 OwemexpedeLam Payday loans A lot of lenders give you the option to subscribe to has that promise never had a cash crunch at all.
http://www.jamming.com.ar/guestbook
http://soundless.prophet0.com/asoundless/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13812&post_id=19021&order=0&viewmode=flat&pid=0&forum=4#forumpost19021
So rather than strolling at a constant speed for say an hour, you'd adjust things up by alternating short bursts of intense walking for say a minute followed by a recovery period with slower strolling right after every extreme time period. Just preserve alternating for twenty minutes to start and add time as you turn out to be additional fit. It is possible to use interval coaching with all phases of theprocera memory to enhance your effects.
Also after you do any type of work out it can be strongly advised that you simply drink plenty of water before throughout and just after to help keep your body adequately hydrated.
Post a Comment