SLITS AND NEW HEIGHTS



7 COMMENTS

Hi everyone.  So sorry my posts have been becoming so spread out!  Eeks!  I've had a pretty bad cold for a few days and have been out of commission.  I'm finally starting to feel better, so thank goodness for that!  This past Sunday, I hosted a very special bridal shower for one of my best friends.  We've known each other since junior high school which I am sad to say is so long ago now.  Hahahaha.  Last week was spent preparing and getting the house ready for her bridal shower.  Everything went extremely well and I think everyone had a fabulous time.  Probably thanks to the sangria and the mimosas.  Hehehehe.. jk.  I've always loved hosting get togethers at my place but just haven't had much time this past year.  It was fun playing hostess for the day, even though I was blowing my nose in the bathroom every 15 minutes.  We played the ever popular toilet paper wedding dress game which was pretty hilarious.  But I think my favorite was when we went around the room and everyone said their favorite memory with the bride.  The groom was there for this portion which made it even funnier because he definitely has not heard all these stories.  I think he learned a few more things about his future wife.  Hahahaha!  





So onto the outfit.  This is what I wore for the bridal shower.  Since it was at my own house, I went for something more relaxed.  I love the slits on this dress.  It's a fun twist to an overall plain dress.  I really like the way it swooshes as you walk.  To run with the theme of slits, I paired it with my Sissi Rossi bag, which also has a slit!  I really love this bag because it is both awesome in design and very logical.  The slit is not just for looks, it also is a way to get into the contents of the bag without having to hold up the flap.  This bag also has a zipper on the side for easy access.  Oh!  And I have some new friends that became part of my collection.  My very first pair of Jeffrey Campbell shoes!  And might I add, these are the highest shoes I have to date.  I think they are about 6.5-7 inches.  Eeks!  They are really comfortable because the arch isn't so high but I would NOT recommend walking down any road that has even the smallest amount of pebbles.  One wrong move and you are flat on your face.  Since they are practically almost wedges, it is more difficult to walk on surfaces that are not 100% flat.  At this height, heels would be easier to walk on uneven surfaces but would be less comfortable.  So I guess it's a give and take.  Sigh.  To all the men out there, yes, we know we cray, and yes, we know a lot of random facts about shoe anatomy and structure.




Dress - Urban Outfitters  |  Shoes - Jeffrey Campbell  |  Belt - Anthropologie  |  Bag - Sissi Rossi  |  Glasses - Aqua  |  Jewelry - Stella & Dot, Urban Outfitters

-DOS

7 COMMENTS:

LC at: June 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM said...

you`re always so put together and fab! i looove your shoes, but i must agree! my highest are the lanvin at 6". they`re sooo comfortable, but any bump or decline makes me feel like i`m going to fall over! how does your hubby feel about your new height? bf`s still getting used to me being slightly taller than him, but i choose the shoes! hahaha

DrunkOnShoes at: June 5, 2012 at 3:26 PM said...

LC - thanks babe! i wanna see your lanvins!!! instagram!

ahoymichelle at: June 5, 2012 at 4:04 PM said...

Oh my goodness, your shoes are fabulous! I love them!

Michelle
www.michelleesque.com

Joy at: June 5, 2012 at 7:06 PM said...

oh my gosh, wow those shoes.
are they comfortable?
http://ohtheendlesspossibilities.blogspot.com/

DrunkOnShoes at: June 5, 2012 at 10:42 PM said...

Michelle - thank you! they are oozing fabulousity!

Joy - comfortable, yes. walkability, iffy. hehehe

Anonymous at: June 6, 2012 at 9:31 AM said...

I love slits on longer-length dresses! I'm sure you were tempted to pull an Angelina Jolie and prop a leg out!

http://www.xjole.com

lindalor at: June 10, 2012 at 1:17 AM said...

Luv the shoe... One of my bestie got a Jeffery Campbell shoe not long ago. She wore it out clubbing one night and by the end of the night she couldn't lift her feet anymore because they got heavy on her petite self. LoL!

Post a Comment

newer post older post